Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Havanese Siblings - Best Friends


What has become evident as the week has gone by that there is a special bond between siblings that have close contact. We know from experience it wanes to a degree but when they stay in close contact, they remain with that something extra special in the bonding department.

We are really glad that this duo is going to stay as close friends, taking classes together and enjoying each other's competitive nature and they both have THAT for sure! I never saw so many alphas in one litter - oh my!

Here's Sebastian and Sassy hanging out at the back door after a feverish romp this morning. They play so hard, I find they always have that disheveled look - though way cute in my opinion.

Last night Sebastian lost his kingship and Risa reclaimed the pillow. He jockeyed for position a number of times but Risa would have none of that so Sebastian spent time sleeping inbetween my legs, up against Sassy, on my neck and Sassy was found cuddling to Katsuro often.

Sleep was not in the cards for me so I saw it all but not due to him. A dog was howling (Nanook) at 130am and good news, I went shh and no one barked and I kept getting leg cramps that I couldn't get rid of - not from overtaxed muscles as exercise has not been consistent enough. I have to virtually swat myself to get back to it and I will but must be something else. It's still going numb today and I still have tight calf muscles so sleep - well I need some. Maybe if the boss allows, I will snuggle with the doggies and nap and groom in the afternoon vs. this morning. We shall see.

It's hard to believe it is already Wednesday. I am going to miss the little ones. I know some breeders manage to keep their total heart out of the equation but we can't figure out how and I am not sure I do. I do for my sake but not theirs. That base is so critical and we are always looking to perfect it and when you have that mindset, well you love them and then you have to applaud their new journey not for you but for them - in hopes that they have a lifetime of grand memories that their owners will share from time to time.

Wasabi's pups - her gentle nature, her intelligence and she is very intelligent, her body movement, her mischievous nature - well there were many early surprised accomplishments and that tells us that she makes rather special pups. Keep sending photos - please when you can...when you find the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment