Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Havanese are Smart

Well, I just started training with Fiona. Nathan is off doing Miss Abs. Miss Abs is doing everything perfectly but always needs these training sessions to reinforce. All puppies do no matter how good they 'get' it.

I got Fiona to finish perfectly and I mean perfectly and it only took me 1 time to get it across. I then asked her to sit - she sat. I then asked her to go down and tried to trick her into that position. No way...another alpha want to be - oh no! Then I did come and she only got that for a short distance but she got it and then did heeling and she did it till Miss Abs tried to get her treat.

Now I was so impressed at how fast Fiona was picking things up that I tried a number of commands just to test her but really you should be only introducing one command at a time, getting that down pat and moving on.

Now if only Miss Fiona had all her shots - well she would shake things up in class. hehehehehe

It's going to be fun training these two. They are too smart for their own good.

Well Coach comes tonight so can't wait till we see him and get some new photos. can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment