Thursday, March 6, 2008

Havanese Puppy Training

Here is a photo of the fierce-some twosome - Fiona yawning not ready for the day quite yet. It's 5am in the Talemaker house and Miss Abigail decided it was time for her to 'get busy'. You ask what 'get busy' is? Well it's when she has to go and when she has to go - she has to go but I wanted to sleep in. So, I ignored, went under the covers and she went off the bed and my mind clicked in and said oh oh - she does have to go and she did. Tsk tsk on me and my not wanting to get my rump out of bed as she DID tell me. No, I did not get mad. I said 'no - outside' firmly, took her and her double trouble companion outside and she went again. The person I should be mad at is myself and I am. Miss Abs is pretty good at getting the 'outside' but if you miss the signals - and that's what it often is or you ignore - well then accidents will happen. If you have to go - you have to go.

Remember you can always click on the photos to see a larger version always.

So, as a snowplow went by at 5am with blue light flashing making all sorts of noise plowing streets that didn't need to be plowed as they were already done yesterday (such a waste) and the dawgs started to react to the sound.

I said my 'silly dawg' and they got that this was nothing to send to the pack to faciliate a warning. Notice how Miss Fiona has her eyes up cocked listening to the plow and Shoshi is sniffing her to see what its all about.

Well dear old Abs said now I am awake - let's play and here you can see her at 5am chasing Shoshi - who if you didn't look close enough - looks like a fur ball vs. a Havanese. ROFL People would shake their head if they saw my backyard at 5am. It comes alive.

Then after they came out, Shoshi, Wasabi and Katsuro came down. You didn't think Risa would - did you? Nah she stayed in bed with daddy till after 7am. Such is the life of those that are lucky.

Then it started getting lighter and good old Abs was still full of it (you should see the puppies first thing in the morning - CRAZY pups for sure - maybe I will tape it this weekend.

The moral of this story is the most fun to be had is early in the morning and don't think sleep is better than that. You will have a better trained dawg if you get into that mindset. Can you hear me laughing from here?


More later - and hope your dawg adventures are grand ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment