Sunday, July 6, 2008

Boots for Havs and Swimming

What the %^&* is that on my feet, mom? Well, if you are a show dog and you have to go in the wet grass - these booties are the very best. They stay on. She can walk in them and it does what you want but she's so low to the ground, her undercarriage gets wet so we are going to start bringing a rain jacket and putting it on backwards so it covers the belly.

No points today but hey we get to do it yet again next week and that's 2 hours away. Are we nuts? YEP. We have to be.

Mommy is getting really good at washing, blow drying and doing all sorts of interesting techniques to get my hair to do what she wants it to. We stopped in a garden center on the way home and a woman said - oh my her hair is to die for so reward enough.

We are looking into a full body Lycra suit - wrapping the head hair - keeping Sebastian away from her ROFL as he loves to rough house - not conducive to hair being all flowing and all. Too much bleepin' restrictions for showing and hey I told mommy that if I don't play - I will lose my spirit and I think I convinced her so she is doing all this crazy stuff to allow me to have fun - fun - fun like dogs really should.

Well, Sebastian is - well not a total swimmer. He tends to get way too enthusiastic in this paddling business so we are going to keep taking him in and when we find him a home - they will have an expert swimmer by then. He likes it - just has to calm down about his strokes. Will take a photo soon so you can see.

Now who is a swimmer? Well, we know Katsuro is but little Fiona - who is related to him is turning out to be so much like Kat in spirit that she wanted to dive - didn't but boy did she swim and swim and swim.

She then climbed up on top of me on the raft and laid down and rested - as if to say ah..now thsi is grand - mid pool rest - cooling and laying on my mom - what coudl be better? Well having the camera to capture it would be. Well, we did get photos of her swimming.

More tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. cute boots! Yes, I think if you came up with a light weight nylon belly protector with just thin elastic "straps" across the back to keep it in place, you would sell a million. The feet could be part of the leg or not depending on whether you wanted to keep them separate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's teh goal but I don't have anytime to do one so I am having someone else do it and will post all the info if it works so others can get one too. I will also have to get one for the other 2 I will be showing. Got to do what you got to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your website and have learned a great deal from it (I have never had a pooch).

    I wanted to know if you could comment on what happens when puppies leave the crew and find their forever home.

    Everyone seems so bonded - how do you help the crew that stays adjust to the 'loss', conversely, how should a new owner help the new puppy adjust to life without the crew?

    thanks, and thank you for sharing the tales of all of your crew - they are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leaving the home is different for each but there is always a transition period till they learn the rules and after a bit, they do bond to their new owners. Coming back to our home is always a delight as they get to see the other pack and even when they stay here on holidays, they love to see their new owners again and go back home.

    We tend to have puppy paradise for them but there is nothing like the bond they get and the attention from an owner that falls for them hard. It's nice for us to see when it happens. It does our hearts good.

    ReplyDelete