Monday, July 14, 2008

Dog Shows Are Ruff

Well, here I am hanging out in the car as someone sabotaged our tent last night. Yes, you got that right - they cut the cords, stole our tarps and damaged it beyond repair. How nice of someone. I was rather fond of it too as it allowed us extra shade in the backyard and human mommy loves the shade rather than the sun like human daddy. The tent was brand new and I gather we will have to buy another and could use not having to.

Then today, in the ring for Best in Breed, with one other dog, one of the top Havanese in Canada, handled by a professional, they started to run right in front of me and everyone knows we don't run like that in the ring but I thought he was playing the run-like-hell game that I love and I started to run too. Daddy couldn't get me to walk properly after that. People do the darnedest things to win but I guess I should feel good that this handler thought I was competition. One day, soon, I will be. Look behind you, buddy. I'm coming.

On our return home, we stopped at the new Pet Supply House location in Guelph and got a new brush or two. Mommy is always looking for that ultimate brush and she rather likes the ones she got so far. Someone held me and I snuggled with her as I am a dog that can tell when someone likes me. She just adored how soft I was and mommy does too as she is really finding that perfect combo of clarifier, shampoo/conditioner etc that make me look good. It's been a ruff road but she has finally arrived at what is right for me.

Well, I got lots of ribbons today but the only thing I care about is that I have no baths for a bit and I can play my heart out. Coach and Sassy is coming over to play and we will have photos tomorrow. Sebastian is going to his new home tomorrow and he gets to hang out with his siblings tonight. Then we get him back after his transition while his family goes on holidays and he gets to go to Rita's Havanese get together in August. Fun!

Soon we will have Remy sleeping over and Zack and Coco. talk about a Havanese love fest and with no shows it will be relaxing and enjoying life time. Can't wait.

Oh my tons of barking as Coach and Sassy just arrived. Off to have fun!

PS: Saturday we get to see Kat and Lola's pups - can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment