Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Havanese Bug Catching

Oh yeah - you have that right. The bugs are out and the dogs think they are going hunting - yuck!

Wasabi caught a bee in her mouth mid-air and ended up injuring it and Fiona is fascinated with the ants.

Havanese are known as companions, circus entertainers at one time and therefore they are easy to train to do all sorts of interesting things but hunting for bugs? I didn't train them for THAT!

I am amazed at how very fast their reflexes are. I just wish their targets happened to be something other than bugs but it was hot as you can see in Fiona's face and she was close to the ground and action was happening and mommy - I couldn't help myself.

Oh my..the things they try to eat.

Here's a perfect opportunity to practice - LEAVE IT!

Well, mommy had to work too hard - she's still working and daddy is outdoors playing with Remy and the crew.

More later....and does yours retrieve and know the 'leave it' command?

No comments:

Post a Comment