Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Achieving Happiness With Your Havanese

One would think this was about YOU achieving happiness but its about your Havanese achieving happiness.

We went into this venture with our original dog, Shoshi. She had the coat from hell (doesn't any longer). I learned a great deal from her. I learned if Nathan got up every 2 hours, the dog would be totally house trained or is that Nathan that would be?

I learned what unconditional love was really about and how a little dog can figure out what you need and fill that spot. Shoshi's person is Nathan but make no mistake, she appeases me to no end and when I fell last winter, she was the first to lick my face and she is the first to see what's wrong if I bang myself and scream an ear curdling sound - that is next to Katsuro.

I also learned to take a photo of a dark haired dog and see their face. I also figured out that messy has more character than just combed but that doesn't mean you should neglect combing but rather that you enjoy that they smoosh their face 2 minutes after you brush them.

As we added dogs, I also understood that each has their very own personality and job within the pack - that is if the pack is a balanced - functioning one. I also figured out if it is not, the visitors overnight would not work. I am thankful that although they have their quirks, they are indeed that.

I also learned that it took a puppy - Abigail to get Shoshi playing fully with back feet planted on the ground and paws up as if she is dancing. Shoshi has learned a great deal from the pack and they have helped her find her spot, her balance and her play. Yes, even a puppy can do that.

If you pay attention to your dogs - you can learn a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment