Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Visitors at Talemaker

We had the pleasure of meeting Rufus.

If you remember, Yvonne's Lola and our Katsuro had a tryst and this is one of their pups. Doesn't he look like he has Kat's face. Side by side you could tell who dad is.

It was a tad overwhelming for Rufus with this crazy crew but after introducing him one on one and then opening up the house to all - he was more than fine.

We tend to do the 'one on one' with all so they can see that each are not a threat and then the crowd doesn't overwhelm. It's a good process but every now and then we forget or someone shows up when we don't have the dogs away and we have to create that environment.

He didn't even have an issue with the big guys and tried to get the chew away from Terra. It was a riot. He's going to be more than fine here when he comes to stay for a week.

You can see him saying - hmm shall I try? He hesitated and then went for it. Terra just turned away and it was impossible for the little one to get it but if we had longer with him, Terra would have played tug with him.

Rita was also here delivering her last pup to its new home. She met the potential owner here and they took the little one home. Yvonne dropped in. It was a busy house today and tomorrow we get to go to Beths to get Treasure. Beth has one very special boy ready to go to the right home. If you are interested, send her mail. Ask her about Seymour - one of the ones in the basket. He's a gorgeous pup.

One more update in the morning and not another til lFriday night when we get back with Treasure and Blazin'. Exciting times or what?

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I love your blog! I read it everyday. I live in the states, but I have a four and half month old Havanese. I'm learning to show (I have never done it and have only been to two dog shows)...we went to our first class last night. I would love if you posted lots about Treasure and showing if that's your plan. I wish I could have as many Havanese as you do, they are so fun and have so much personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I love your blog! Somehow my comment just got erased as I tried to post it, so I'll try again. Anyway I stop by here daily usually and I love all the pictures, stories and advice! I have a four month old Havanese girl and I will be learning to show her. We went to our first handling class last night. I've never done this and am kind of frightened to go in the ring myself. I can't wait to see more photos of Treasure and I love to read about the shows you go to because I get a little idea of what it will be like! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete