Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Playing Havanese Wet Stylin'

With all these wet times that spring brings - I should be going - oh no - its raining but I get my camera out and click away and enjoy and worry about the dirt and muck later.

They come in wet and mucky, I take towels, put them in my lap and brush away unless the mud is so thick that I have to dip their feet and underside in water.

Dogs have to be allowed to be dogs even when you have show dogs. It makes the process harder but it does our hearts good to know they are emotionally balanced and having a grand time.

Havanese can and do swim - not all like it but many of ours do. We tend to make sure the pups swim if we have a litter in the summer to get them lovin' it. But at this time of the year, they run on top of our safety cover - all of the dogs and create this trampoline effect. It's fun to listen to and watch. Nathan even walks on it so we know if its safe for him, it's safe for the dogs.

This will be Treasures first summer. I can't wait to see if we have another swimmer. Are you in that summer state of mind? I can't get into it - yet! Shows to do - championships to achieve - and much more exciting times are in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment