Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wet Havanese: Bathing Time

Ever wonder how to wash your Havanese? Ever have one scratch? You may be using a low quality shampoo/conditioner that robs the skin of it's moisture and causes your Havanese to scratch. It may be something more or all it is.

When washing your Havanese, take the shampoo and conditioner into both hands and pull it gently through with your hands from the roots to the end instead of rubbing it into the skin. (rubbing increases mats)

Be sure to rinse it completely out with the only exception if your dog's hair is not in good condition, pull a light amount of conditioner through only the ends and rinse halfway out.

Use a leave in spray on conditioner when combing/brushing and drying. I brush completely, let them run around like a maniac as it actually does takes excess water off - then brush one more time when done to remove any tangles and dry 3/4 of the way with just using my fingers ad then with spray on conditioner and a brush I finish the rest of the way.

My next present is a table dryer (Oster) so I can be drying both sides at once. With my crew - a necessity but yours - one will most likely do.

Happy egg hunting for those that celebrate and enjoy that its almost spring like weather - I think - brr here still.

No comments:

Post a Comment