Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Havanese Males Intact Woes

This heat business....argh... We are sharing this lovely stage of breeding with you so you 'get' that its not all fun but despite it all - we are trying to laugh - and hope you laugh with us - not at us!

We are showing a semi-old photo of Kat as you do not want to see him today despite that I bathed him thoroughly and do semi baths daily.

Someone suggested I use lavender scented things to help but it doesn't work!

I tried using the disguise scent method but we must be in the height of things as he has reached an entirely different level. It doesn’t work. Problem with multiple females – they aren’t all in sync. If they had started at the exact time Wasabi did – all of this would have been history as today is day 21 for her.

The good news in all this is we really believe after all the mating that the Wasabi Woo is preggie.

Oh well – just going to make staying awake for the shows this weekend impossible. Think I will be taking the boy with me at bedtime so Nathan can drive and I don’t have to worry. I am hoping I can sleep in the car. Now, I get up and Nathan grabs the gals and goes to bed and Risa and Shoshi and Kat and the retrievers stay downstairs with me so he can get an hour of sleep. Then he has to take a nap to feel human. Not sure how he will do that at a show unless he goes out to the car himself and snoozes. If he wins – no rest for the weary. ROFL – Can you say HELL weekend for both of us? If it wasn’t for the points for others and the $$ we already paid or the extra person we are driving there that is counting on us – I would stay home.

But thanks…appreciate all tips. It’s just a dawg house at Talemaker Havanese….yeah…that’s it!

PS: If I won the lottery, I would design a house that only the male dog and human can frequent at this time with electric security gates that send out aromatherapy scents that distract the males at this time - yeah right - now can you see how much sleep we are getting?

Good thing this is over when Zack and Coco come visiting. ROFL

No comments:

Post a Comment