Thursday, May 28, 2009

Making an Old Lady Comfie

We tend to like long hair around here but Whitney - our non Havanese who happens to be 14 and a golden was just shaved down. I don't find her attractive but I do think she is more comfie. I doubt I will have to do much grooming on her for a bit but I will continue to look in her ears and check her body for unusual changes.

Most Havanese people who buy their dogs for pet like to cut their dogs down..not usually this severe but what is termed a puppy cut. Why do they do it? Looks - easy care - a variety of reasons.

We tend to keep Shoshi and Risa in a semi cut coat in between the puppy cut and a full coat. Come summer I may go shorter to make in and out of the pool easier as they won't be dragging wet hair around.

There's no right or wrong on haircut preferences - they are just that - your choice.

What's your preference?

No comments:

Post a Comment