Tuesday, June 23, 2009

HairCUTS: Havanese Stylin'

Shoshi was hanging out in the backyard pondering the meaning of what Mommy said about it's haircut day.

What does that mean, Mommy?

Well Daddy took Shoshi and Risa downtown to Val's while Sylvie watched how she cut the duo. This way Sylvie gets to watch 2 Havanese get cut. Sylvie is feeding her passion - learning how to groom. Our dawgs get cuts - so win/win.

I am a fan of long hair but Shoshi and Risa have thick hair. Shoshi's being cottony and Risa's silky but way profuse so we decided to cut them down.

I brush out everyone daily and this will actually help me in my grooming load. Is that why I did it? Partially but not really. I know that doesn't make sense. I like long hair - what can I say but the thickness of their hair mixed in with swimming made the decision easier. This way they can swim, shake off and I can do minimum brush out and all that hair won't weigh down Risa.

When Shoshi came home, I tried to get a photo of her and all she would do is shake her body, rub it and roll around like a banshee.

It's a tad hard to get a photo like that but as you can see, I captured her in action.

Treasure just stared at her like she lost her mind.
Oh Shoshi, can't I see how you look?

Yes, Mommy - okay - Val and Sylvie did a fine job. I have less hair. I actually look smaller though I could lose a bit..tsk tsk but as Daddy would say - it's all muscle - really it is!

Risa was a bit more accommodating letting me capture her new look before she rolled into Daddy's office and found a cool spot on the floor.

Risa really needs to lose weight but now that I see her without her hair, I realize Daddy is doing a great job getting her back to her svelte self before kids.

All of you that have had kids - especially multiples know how tough that is but we try and now without that hair, pool exercise is in the cards daily as long as the weather cooperates.

Are you cutting your Havanese down for the summer?

1 comment:

  1. SO SOO SOOO CUTE
    Now I can see the expression on Risa's face
    And Shoshi looks like new puppy
    My Havanese is sporting a Jazzy haircut (long ears & beautiful tail, short on the body)

    ReplyDelete