Saturday, July 18, 2009

News, Grooming, Photo Taking & More

Louis says to Kat - did you hear Treasure took breed in her last show? Did you hear Downsey got more points today - exciting but Mommy had to stay with us and the pups. She had to do this crazy hair tie on my head - groom all the dogs, clean the pool, do the poop patrol - yuck, pull weeds and practice 'no bark.

We have recently had many dogs introduced to the neighbourhood and if caught early with a gruff voice, you can get them to not bark but they may test you each time they hear a dog from afar. Today I practiced it throughout the day that by afternoon they looked at me pointing a finger and stopped. I don't accomplish it by anything but a gruff voice and catching it early but most of all being consistent. When I reach a level where all I have to do is point, I need to practice it when the door bell rings. I suspect that will be a tad tougher.

Our issue is Wasabi has pups so when folks come over - new dogs come in etc. - Wasabi calls the pack to protect her. How do they? - barking. I get why they are doing it but its not agreeable, So - we are practicing. Are you?

This evening I fed 12 dogs all in the same room without anyone stealing. Oh, we had dogs that tried by looking innocent and stealing a morsel that fell on the floor but beyond that - they waited in hopes I went away. I don't. I just tell them to get back to their own bowl - and yes they listen. You too can do this if you have multiple dogs.

How? By being consistent. It's human nanture not to be - so it takes work...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment