Sunday, August 23, 2009

Specialty and Home

Here's Daddy at the Specialty and Treasure. They rather look good together.

They were in great company when they made the cut of a large class and came in 4th but that wasn't what this was about. Honest!

Why did I tell the Treasured one and Daddy to go to the show when we had puppies and I could have used the help?

Well, it was to meet new Havanese people, find potential stud dogs for our gals and get the Treasured one bonded to Daddy and not me.

It worked.

She came in - gave me a kiss and then was all over Daddy.

It's tough being the mom around here in a sea of show dogs as the handler takes priority - them and their relationship with the dogs but I love them both so that's okay.

PS: I have my Fiona back since Daddy was gone but she's in a state of false pregnancy - tummy and all. They get sucky and cuddly then.

Yes, you got it right - they change allegiance at times. They love you both but rely on one more at times - usually the food server. :-) So - share that duty.

We are really glad the Treasured one and Daddy are home. That means we can get the pups swimming and do lead training this week. How cool is that?

Our visitor Fred is having a rip roaring time with the pups and with Kat, Abigail and now Treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment