Monday, November 2, 2009

Bad News

I know Terra is not a Havanese but she's our regular mascot for socializing the little ones with big dawgs. She's gentle, sweet and adores her rides and play and even barking at that squirrel and getting the pack moving in excitement.

We took Terra in for a cruciate operation and heard both legs were ruptured and she has stage 4 hip dysplasia.

Many would put their dawg down instead of spending the dollars and the daily rehabilitation that we will have to go through in hopes she enjoys many more years. I kept asking, will she be functional? Chances are she will be. Some may say why do this? Well, we firmly believe she will be up, playing and having a great time with her fave pals by March. We will have about 4.5 months of rehabilitation. We will do everything in our power to get her muscle mass and keep her thin so she enjoys life. She'll be our water dog in the summer months right along with Kat.

She will be our resident big dawg socializer.

So forgive us but we will let you know how she is doing from time to time and may even start a blog on how the rehabilitation is going so others facing similar know what it entails.

In all of this, I didn't get to tie Kat's hair up. I have work to do. I need to put my grooming stuff away and set up my room again. I need to groom. I need to work and where did the day go?

We already had a outdoor session with the crew. They played up a storm especially this trip and got so messy that I have to wonder how I am ever going to get them to look good again but I will. They jumped through leaves, rubbed in mud and got old fashioned dirty. Plus, letting them just have fun and be a mess is good too. There - I said it. ROFL

No comments:

Post a Comment