Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday Fun at Talemaker Havanese

Well we are a full dawg house at the moment. There's never a dull moment.

The dawgs all got thoroughly groomed as usual but I did it in my office/family room so I got to watch TV while I did my marathon. They liked it too as they were able to look out the window.

Mia came for an overnight visit. Nathan's father and wife came over too. He must really think we went to the dawgs.

It's still mucky sandy so the dawgs undersides gets dirty. We had snow flurries but not enough to make a difference - for shame.
Per request, we had Joker, Holly and Cesar in crates all lined up against each other so they were close in the bedroom with me. Holly hardly slept a wink and has been trying to catch up during the day. I tried too with a couple of dawgs but that didn't work. Tonight's a new night and maybe we will get a full night set of zzzs.

Mia will be in bed with me and I am looking forward to that as she snuggles into my neck. Bailey no longer sleeps in her bed next to my head but instead up against my body. That's been going on for quite a few days now - nice.

Louis has been here so many times that he just settled right in on the top pillow and Risa just allowed. She is rather fond of Louis.

Nathan is in the other room. We do this during the times when we have a lot of visitors or gals are in heat. We prefer one bedroom but we do what works temporarily. He got Fred, Abigail, Kat and a few more while I got the rest. It all worked except Holly wasn't crazy about crate time.

Big tip - do not leave a SD photo card in your port in your computer with a puppy around. All it took was one quick bite and a 4 GB has bit the dust. It happens. Live and learn and I should know better.

Let's see - my observations today - Fred has become such a lovee. He listens really well. I tell him no and he stops. Way nice.

Zack, Cesar, Bailey and always some of ours tends to play up a storm. Cocoa gets into it when she wants. She is so much like Fiona before Fiona had pups. She plays hard when she wants and watches when she just wants to observe.

Missy had a grand amount of fun playing with Oreo today. She also is quite nice with her pack mate Holly - making sure she is okay.

Joker has fit in here nicely. He is a lovee to the max. He also lays on his back so nice letting you groom him.

Everyone played hard today despite it being too icy. We find that they are settling for running up paths where it isn't slippery when it comes to big play. The pool cover is a bear to get up and out of at the moment but they manage to without issue. I even found the deck slippery but they seem to be more sure footed than us.

As I type this the crew is all splayed out all over the place catching some zzzs after another round of going out. With all this outside time, I find I am also getting conditioned to this cold.

Snuggles - the dawgs are getting them - each and everyone a number of times a day. As someone who had a brother who thought his sisters (2 of us) got all the attention - well we make sure we distribute it equally.

Here's a few photos from today's fun.


Off to snuggle with a dawg or two or three or four. 6 fit on the recliner with me and the rest all over the couch while we watch TV and I rotate dawgs. It's a crazy way of living but fun!


2 COMMENTS:
Claire said...
darlah,
who is on slide 55? the little black and white hav? reminds me so much of my Petey!
enjoyed the pics, as usual!
Wish we lived closer so our dogs could play!

December 27, 2009 9:21 PM
Darlah & Nathan Potechin said...
Claire - that is Joker from Paula who did so well in the ring. He's a small boy and he's getting mated to Wasabi. With both of their attributes, I am hoping for outstanding pups. We shall see.

Yes, wish we lived closer. It's always a crazy dawg house here and I am sure you would enjoy that! If we ever win the lottery, we will have to send you a ticket to come play with your dawgs.

December 28, 2009 10:28 AM

2 comments:

  1. darlah,
    who is on slide 55? the little black and white hav? reminds me so much of my Petey!
    enjoyed the pics, as usual!
    Wish we lived closer so our dogs could play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire - that is Joker from Paula who did so well in the ring. He's a small boy and he's getting mated to Wasabi. With both of their attributes, I am hoping for outstanding pups. We shall see.

    Yes, wish we lived closer. It's always a crazy dawg house here and I am sure you would enjoy that! If we ever win the lottery, we will have to send you a ticket to come play with your dawgs.

    ReplyDelete