Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

If you were silly enough to stay out late and get a tad under the sheets or so they say with too much to drink - well you might look like Shoshi who I captured just before she had her daily grooming.

I rather enjoy the dawgs in their natural shape. It doesn't mean I want any knots on them but that disorganized look gives them character - don't you think?

Did you know that knots hurt them? I have long hair and my hair will mat underneath and it bloody hurts. My hair gets that way if I wash it and forget to brush it and let it air dry - tsk tsk. If I never did that, I suppose I wouldn't have the empathy that I do for knotted dawgs.

Today started early. We are often outside first thing when it is dark and then finish the night in dark. Usually Nathan is the big walker with our son but Nathan had a road trip to do today and a bad hip so it was our son and me that did the walks tonight. Everyone fared well except Fiona who kept lifting her paws. It told me she was cold - all 8 lbs of her. So, I kept checking her feet, picking her up to make sure she didn't have ice in between and warmed her up and placed her down again. Treasure, who was on the walk with her - we only do 2 at a time was oblivious to the windy cold but they do adore the walks. We believe in the walks for their mind and body.

Tomorrow we have Remy, Bailey and Joker going home. We also have one coming in and after the 3rd, we will be down to simply 2 boarders. Then on the 7th down to 1. After the 11th we will be down to our own pack.

The crew had a cold but brisk fun filled day. They love the powder snow and we got a light dusting. We were actually hoping for more. I kept forgetting to bring the camera outside as Nathan was away and I was doing cleanup but I did manage to get a few. Hope you enjoy.

PS: Till pups come, we wil be adding puppy/dawg tidbits to help you in getting your dawg to be all they can be on Havanese Life. We will be updating it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment