Friday, May 9, 2008

Havanese Neutering After Snip/Snip

It's the morning after and Zack, who usually stays in bed despite my 4am wake up to do exercising got up today.

He's a funny guy. You can see he is uncomfortable and doesn't want to be somewhere where is is presumed alone. I guess everyone sleeping is not enough when usually it is.

What that means is I go to the kitchen, he does. I guess all medication has now worn off and although not in pain, it is obvious he is uncomfortable and thus his desire to get up and be around someone even if it's to lay on the cool floor beside me. I bet you the cool floor feels good right about now.

Zack is not a needy dog. He is independent most times. He loves to play with kids, the other dogs, you etc and does like to snuggle and kiss if you watch TV - and loves rubs but all and all, he is happy to lay out on a deck in the backyard by himself if none of the other dogs want to go. So, this get up early and lay close means he needs something extra right now. He's sleeping now so maybe me just typing away and the cool floor is what is needed - at this moment before the others wake up and want to play.

Zack's new owner came over and voila who greets her at the door last night - Zack. So much for groggy - not doing well. I guess the pain meds were still working and it did help him sleep the night. I suspect my days in, it will be a thing of the past other than stitches.

He's eating very well as if his throat was cut off from no food for half of a day. Perhaps he will inspire his new pack mate Coco to eat better too.

Zack will be going to live with Fiona's sister. How cool is that? Over time they will become just as tight as ever as pack mates do and their personalities compliment each other. I do hope the new owners take photos or have a video camera as they are in for priceless moments. More later>>

No comments:

Post a Comment