Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Secrets, Lil Man & Class Tomorrow

I have a secret says, Fiona - no more baths daily for awhile. Abs sighs with relief.

Mommy says: When the girls are doing the shows - bathing each daily is the norm but poor Abs had enough of THAT! Plus - if you do something like that - the dog's hair can get brittle and dry. Today was a Vellus day..hehehe Guess who does this bathing and grooming business?

Today was a clean Wasabi and Katsuro day. Tomorrow is a Risa and Shoshi bath day. Lots of dogs equals lots of baths.

But tomorrow night Treasure gets to have fun, fun, fun and so do we going to Total Recall Class at Who's Walking Who. We did this class before and it's bound to be as fun as it was the first time. We'll tell you how it went on Friday. We just love what obedience and these seminars bring to us and getting the dogs to be all they can be with fun.

Well, Lil' Man is getting way comfie playing his little heart out and tuckering himself out. He goes to bed at 10 and wakes up in the morning with us. He sleeos all night long. He wriggles his little tail telling you he's having a grand time. I swear he embraces life in such a way that he puts a smile on your face.

Gad this puppy is delicious!

2 comments:

  1. My Havanese pup has been getting ear infections from the baths. How do you keep water out of their ears or dry them after the bath? I've tried cotton balls but they fall out. I feel bad that I have to keep putting antibiotics and ear wash in her ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex: I know all it takes is a shake for the cotton balls to come out so I use drying agent in their ears. I think Gold Medal makes one that you can get from PetSmart that is a lotion that dries into a powder. I take a cotton ball and dry the entire inside of the ear gentle. I use a q-tip in the crevices and after it is dry, I take another cotton ball and get the excess powder out. I like the lotion to powder as it is easier to use. The key is to dry the ears. I also make sure the area is blow dried completely but after swimming and no chance to blow dry, the drying agent keeps the infections from coming as a wet ear is a breeding ground for infections.

    ReplyDelete