Sunday, October 25, 2009

What a Day

We had the pure pleasure of a fun filled day with all the dawgs. Here you can see Fiona just loving two of her babies. Click on the photo to see a larger view.

Kooba and Quito will be heading home tomorrow. Baths for them in the morning.

They will be missed.

Kat had a bath today and had to have his beard covered and his belly hair covered.

Twice a day I have to take it off, and then redo it. He gets to sleep without. Too much but we have gals around and he gets his face dirty. It's an unneutered boy thing you know and he is doing conformation - otherwise - I wouldn't care enough to do such things.



The walks have been fun. Tonight Nathan had the siblings and I had Wasabi and Shoshi on one of the walks. He takes two - I take two and I am always behind him so the dawgs are forever wanting to get up in front so I have a lot of training on these walks. hahahahaha

Anyone who simply walks one or two dawgs can't fully appreciate what it takes to be the man behind.

Another breeder - who will go nameless asked me why I even bother to walk the dawgs daily seeing we have a backyard they can run in. But for us, we feel that a walk stimulates their mind. It gives you an opportunity to train. It allows your dawgs to deal with noises, people - other dawgs. If done right, it is an excellent way to slow condition your dawgs and bond. So - for us - it is important!

Yesterday we had 3 of the siblings over from Wasabi's last crew. It was delightful. One of the owners of Chico (Kaarina) took this stunning photo. She has a knack for wonderful portraits. Me, I do movement mostly but I truly admire someone who can capture a moment and she did.

We really wish we could have had 2 of the siblings here but it didn't work out this time getting the entire crew together. We will keep trying. On Thursday we will have Jasper, Saki and Chico here but unless we can talk Chewy into coming back after his parents pick him up - well there will have to be a next time.

It was great to see them and I am hoping the video works and the camera is working. I think I will buy a buy a new mini DVD for the occasion.

When dawgs come to visit, there is a bit of jockeying that goes on - trying to find their place in the pack. Kooba and Quito live together but she tried to get him to sleep on the bench instead of the bed. The first night it worked but then I told Kooba the rules and she straddled up on one side and Quito on the other. Gidget got my head and the siblings got Nathan. It's amazing how it all falls into place. Glad we have huge bed accommodations. It's a must around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment