Friday, January 22, 2010

It's Time

When is it time to wash your dawg?

Today, it is Treasure's time and Kat's and Saki. It's Saki's as she is going home but between all the walks and sand - well the dawgs are feeling and looking dirty.

We are often asked how often should you wash your dawg?

For me, when they start knotting quickly, it is time. Dirty hair knots quickly. I prefer to bathe than to spend ours taking out knots. It may be different for you.

Here's Treasure in her after bath photo.

Some people think that all I do is bathe but not true. I groom daily and even have a chart that I click off to make sure I didn't miss anyone. I don't mind them being messy but I do mind them having knots. Knots hurt and I rather prefer the dawgs feeling wonderful each day without this ache out of my laziness. So, I groom daily. If you do it daily, it doesn't take long and you can do it watching TV.

I just spent a Grey's Anatomy moment with Coco brushing her out. Tomorrow a different show for her and Zack and up on the table for the rest except Saki who gets bathed in the morning for her people.

Today we have Coco and Zack coming for the weekend. Saki leaves tomorrow. We have a potential puppy people coming to visit. Then on Sunday Kit Kat is doing a handling class and Nathan is doing a stewarding class. Although he has stewarded before he is looking to hone his skills. Me, I stay at home, play and walk dawgs and relax a bit.

Today I also washed 2 goldens and Whitney, our old gal took the wind out of me. It is time where I think we need two people in the tub - 1 to wash and 1 to hold her up. The old lady is losing a ton of hair so that was interesting blowing them both out.

Good news, you can see the difference in Terra's and Abigail's coat with the addition of wild salmon oil to their diet. We are also using a product called Suzie's Tartar Remover and their breath smells so good from it. So far we are seeing nicer looking teeth but the verdict is out. We will let you know how we feel about it in a months time. So far we are happy and people do notice their sweet smelling breath.

Now off to wash dawgs.

1 comment:

  1. Well, now that it's been 1 week since we got Jazz back and he is doing great especialy his hair. Never in 4 years,his hair has been so straight and great to the touch after a bath. WOW! FANTASTIC! is all I can say.
    What is your secret?
    Great job Darlah!

    ReplyDelete