Monday, October 5, 2009

Serious Play

There are times when the inexperienced will think that the play is too rough but I know the dawgs well enough to know the difference.

You should too. Even puppies play growl and rough house. Treasure was relentless in trying to capture Kat. He's faster than her but she cuts him off whenever she can.

It's the mischievous part of her that just can't help herself. It's all in fun.

All is great fun till I see her tearing his ear hair out. It won't look good in the conformation ring to have a chunk missing.

Do you think I can explain it was all in fun?

Play biting is very natural and they will learn as puppies how much they can clamp down on a pack mate. We also teach them that playing in this fashion with humans is not desirable. They do learn especially if their forever homes do the follow through.

Today was a wash Kat and Treasure day. How did I know Treasure needed a bath? Well every time anyone played wit her, she had HUGE knots. It tells me the coat is dirty and if I brush it all out before (a must or you will have a knotty mess on your hands) and get the hair clean, she won't knot like she was doing this morning.

Each dawg is different. It depends on the elements - rain, dirt etc.

Many people ask me what type of a brush I use. I use a Madan brush as its soft but gets through the hair. I don't get them free. I buy them like everyone else. No kickbacks - I wish. I just really know they do a great job on a Havanese coat.

The rain stayed away today. Dogs played hard. Nathan is making chicken for Fiona - Mommy of the pups and we just may snuggle with the crew and watch TV. Results will be in tonight for the TV show Battle of the Blades. Will Domi go or? Do the dawgs care?

No comments:

Post a Comment